Sep 7, 2010

hAPpY 29th BiRthDaY!!!!

Happy Birthday Joey!!! We went up to Sundance for Joeys bday this year. We rode the tram up and hiked down through Stewart Falls. It was the best hike and I couldn't believe how well the girls did. It took us 2 1/2 hours and Stella walked the whole time. I was very proud of her and Grace just chilled in her little pouch. Stella has been so funny this year, she refused to pick out in school clothes this year saying that she hated everything at the stores but we came across this barbie shirt that she is wearing in the pictures and she loved it and has worn in everyday since. She is already very opinionated at such a young age:)

I was able to get some tickets to the Oprah Winfrey Show so my friends Hayley and Debbie came out with me to the show. This was us in front of her studio. They take away all of your electronics before entering the show so we didn't get any pictures of her. We were lucky enough to be on the 2nd row and when Oprah walked out she shook all of our hands. She was so nice and friendly. The show was with the Wynnona and Naomi Judd and they performed for all of us!!! It was so fun just to be able to go see her before she ends her show.

This is us downtown Chicago. Chicago is my new favorite city it has the most amazing architecture. I just fell in love if you haven't been you MUST go!


5 comments:

Lant Family said...

How fun to go to Oprah! I would love to do that---but my chances are running out. How fun to go with your girl friends. Happy Birthday JOEY! Looks like you had fun hiking and hanging out at Sundance. Lucy has a couple favorite shirts that she will wear a lot. Funny it starts so young. Stella is so cute.

Unknown said...

Oprah SHOW! FUN!!! How cool is that??? I can't wait to come home and see you and the new babe! Lunch!?!

A New Life Student said...

I can NOT believe you got to go to Oprah! How on earth did you get tickets? I am beyond jealous! I love Chicago too, it's amazing.
Happy Birthday Joey. The girls are as cute as ever and we miss you guys so much.

{lindy baker cakes} said...

Hayley told me you guys were going. That is so awesome! Matt and I lived in Chicago 2 summers ago. It is my all time favorite city. I seriously am obsessed now. We always say that if we ever have millions we'll buy an apartment in Chicago. We love it. I never got to go to Oprah because she doesn't tape in the summer, but I did go to Harpo Studios. It's so nice!!! I'm glad you had so much fun!

Whitney said...

Happy Birthday Joey!!!! Oh my gosh Lis your trip looked so fun! I have always wanted to go to Chicago it looks like such a fun city....